Massage is considered to be the oldest of all treatments used by man. Chinese records dating back 3,000 years documented its use. Hippocrates wrote papers recommending the use of rubbing and friction for joint and circulatory problems.
Today, massage is an accepted part of many physical rehabilitation programs
and has proven beneficial for many chronic conditions such as:
- Back and neck pain
- Muscle tension and tightness
Massage also helps:
- Reduce spasms and cramping
- Relax and soften injured, tired, and overused muscles
- Release endorphins—amino acids that work as the body’s natural painkiller
- Relieve migraine pain
- Improve range of motion
- Assist with shorter, easier labor for expectant mothers and shorten maternity hospital stays
- Ease medication dependence
- Enhance immunity by stimulating lymph flow—the body’s natural defense system
- Exercise and stretch weak, tight, or atrophied muscle
- Help athletes of any level prepare for, and recover from, strenuous workouts
- Improve the condition of the body’s largest organ—the skin
- Increase joint flexibility
- Lessen depression and anxiety
- Promote tissue regeneration, reducing scar tissue and stretch marks
- Pump oxygen and nutrients into tissues and vital organs, improving circulation
- Reduce postsurgery adhesions and swelling
Getting a regular massage can play a huge part in your treatment plan and continued health.
Consider massage appointments a necessary piece of your health and wellness plan, and work with your practitioner to establish a treatment schedule that best meets your needs.
Our therapists specialize in a variety of bodywork techniques, which relieve pain, enhance flexibility and circulation, and stimulate healing.
Couples Massage Special
- $99 (50 min.)
May add aromatherapy, hot stones,
or deep tissue for an additional charge.
Wednesday & Friday evenings 6pm- 8pm
The services of a licensed massage therapist may be covered by health insurance when deemed by Dr. Green as part of your treatment plan and medically necessary. Therapies provided as part of a prescribed treatment are often covered*.
*Copays, deductibles, and/or coinsurance may apply. Your insurance carrier prices massage services.
Back To Health Chiropractic - Dr. Brian Green
Serving Greenwood Indiana and Indianapolis
Back, Neck, Leg, and Arm Pain, Headaches, Herniated, Bulging Disc, Auto Injuries, Whiplash, Sciatica, Sports Injuries
LipoLaser Body Sculpting and Contouring, Weight and Fat Loss Solutions/Counseling
5005 E Stop 11 Road, Indianapolis, IN 46237
Follow us on Facebook for healthy living tips, recipes, and special promotions!